ArtSlave Fursuits Terms of Service
(last updated; Friday 31st July, 2015)
- Quotes are valid for 3 months after the day they are given. If your deposit(50%) is not received by then(Bear in mind this does not have to be a single payment of 50%, as long as the total amount accrued is 50%, the actual number of payments doesn’t matter), you will need to contact me again to inquire if your quote will be a different amount than was initially quoted. Once your deposit is received, your price is ‘locked in’ and cannot be changed.
- You may make payments at any time during the queue, and I will hold onto your costume for up to 45 days. If your final payment is not made within the 45 days after completion, it will be resold and you will have forfeited your deposit.
- Quotes are subject to change. Customers are entitled to one(1) change to their costume before work begins. Obviously if you want the style changed, or something drastic, the price needs to reflect this.
- Currently I accept Paypal, personal checks, and money orders(Which MUST be insured + tracked in case of postal system mishap- I cannot be held responsible for items in the mail, as they are beyond my control). Payments can be made in instalments of as little as 20%, however I will not start your project until I receive an accrued 50% of your total. 20% will hold your place in the queue, however, unless you fail to meet the 50% by the time your turn arrives, in which case you will be dropped back to the end of the queue. Payments less than the initial 50% must be made within 30 days of one another. Once you reach your down payment in full(50%) you don’t have to pay the remaining 50% until your suit is finished.
I’ll accept one of 3 types of concept art.
- Artistic liberty: You basically just link me a few pictures of whatever animal/markings you’re interested in seeing, and I turn out something awesome.
- Text: A text description is fine, and you will get a general idea of what you are looking for, but I can’t guarantee that we’re seeing the same thing. Good for folks who want a suit of their character, but don’t have anything specific in mind, or are looking for specifics only for one or two things.
- Character reference. A good, non-messy/scribbly 3-point turnaround of your character, preferably in flat colours but I will accept shaded/finished work as well. This is the best way to make sure I nail every aspect of your character, and the best option for anyone who might be picky about more than a couple aspects of their character.
Anything short of a full character reference(As listed above) will be treated as text, as I cannot guarantee I can get every aspect of your character right based on a line drawing, a scribble, etc.
I will not accept: MULTIPLE references(This one is for the nose scales, this one is for the tail shape, etc..!), line art, or basically anything that isn’t one of the three things listed above. I’m not a mind reader, and I need a clear idea of what I’m making.
Since I stream most of my work, it’s easy to chime in while I’m doing something and say ‘make it like this’, please go ahead and do so. Any changes AFTER something has been finished aren’t so easy. You get (1) major change(Deemed major by myself based on taking at least 1 hour) and (2) minor changes(Deemed minor on a case by case basis, but generally a 5-30 minute project. Any changes made after you use up these (3) changes will incur additional penalty fees on an hourly basis(At $45/hour). I make my work as close an approximation to the reference given as possible, but can’t account for everything. These might not necessarily be alterations to your character reference, but if it’s something small like idk.. iris layout, something that isnt CLEARLY visible to everyone who looks at the reference, it might eat up one of your changes.
- I only require duct tape dummies for full suits+muscle suits. Partials, heads, hands, etc can be made off of measurements only.
- If the duct tape dummy is in unusable condition, or you cannot provide one, I can make a flat(That is, non muscled) bodysuit based on measurements, but cannot be held responsible if your measurements are wrong(Please provide measurements with no seam allowance, as I will do that myself). Tape measures should not be super tight, but should be comfortably slack against your skin when you take your measurements. There are lots of tutorials online for how to take dressmaking measurements properly.. this is a GREAT tutorial(especially for dancing around): http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/2008/05…..-measurements/
- Shipping is included in the quote for shipping within the continental U.S.(That is, not to Hawaii, Alaska, puerto rico or the islands). International shipping will be extra.
- I ship via USPS, with tracking and insurance for the full cost of the costume included in your quote.
- The buyer is responsible for any duty fees, customs fees or taxes above and beyond the initial shipping costs.(AKA: Once the package leaves my hands, I’m no longer responsible for any additional fees).
- I will deliver costumes at conventions I am attending ONLY. I will not ship them to the hotel, as there are too many variables that might delay them and you might end up leaving before your costume is delivered!
- If you have a deadline, I will do everything in my power to meet it within the time allotted, however I offer no guarantees for date completion unless it is for a rush order. Fursuits are finished in the order they are received.
- Any rush orders will be charged a rush fee, based on how soon they are needed and how many other rush orders are in the queue at the time.
- Difficult or challenging work will be given no deadlines, because of the amount of time it may take to prototype multiple times(Some stuff doesn’t translate well to 3D from concept). Almost all fursuits do not fall under this, because they’re fairly standard. Only stuff I’ve never done before(Or if you want something made by me that you’ve never seen before anywhere) falls under this. You’ll be informed, don’t worry.
- I reserve the right to turn down any rush orders or unreasonable deadlines.
- Everything I make is in my preferred style, which is what I’m best at doing- anything in another style(hyper realistic, cartoony, etc) I can give a whack at if you really want me to, but there are many other fursuit makers out there who are infinitely better at those styles than me, and who would be happy for your patronage!
- As far as references go, I can copy reference material only to a point. Mostly I translate your shape and markings into my own style and work from there to make a unique and fun costume piece for you. If you’re looking for someone who can capture every polygon and strand of hair precisely as your reference sheet has it, I’m probably not the person for you.
I do WIPs for most everything. These are free of charge, and I don’t really have a strict policy as to how many I will give, but to forgo answering 30 emails a day I will say 1-2 for a head, 5-6 for a full costume. I livestream everything I make(mostly), so if you are interested in seeing how your project is coming along, please poke your head in, say hi and ask for a good look at what it looks like.
- I have a 30 day limited warranty.
- If something breaks on your fursuit, a seam pops, etc, and you weren’t playing rough in it, feel free to contact me and I will fix it for free(customer pays shipping both ways). Please ensure that the item(Except for heads) is washed before returning it to me(nobody wants to handle another person’s stinky laundry!).
- You may cancel your commission at any time, forfeiting your initial downpayment(50%). Any balance will be returned.
- I reserve the right to cancel a commission at any time, if the customer is harassing, rude or unreasonable.
- I reserve the right to not accept certain kinds of commissions- namely licensed characters, bad concept art, blacklisted individuals, etc.
This goes without saying, but just in case- if you’ve worn something, no refunds can be given.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.